Sunday 28 August 2011

What book would you take with you


Today at church the minister asked what book would we take with us if stranded on an island...excluding the bible. People named some books which included gardening, cooking, how to make a boat. The minister said you can often tell what people are interested in and what their passion is simply by asking that. I could see that by the answers that were given, then wondered about what i would take. My initial reaction was a jodi piccoult book but then i thought well, once I've read it that's it. a cooking book would Be ok but really, i don't think it has island food recipes. Gardening...i hate gardening. Imagine gardening on an island.
So i really don't know. ideally a scrap book would be great, or even just a photo album to look at photos. i do like personality books like raising your spirited child or Why we act the way we do because i loooove to analyze myself and others. But I'd have to have others on the island with me to analyze lol. So re reading that sentence I'm thinking that my passion is people and personality's lol



So ...what book would you take with you?

Join in with FYBFFYBF




2 comments:

  1. Where the wild things are. I could enjoy a story I've always enjoyed and pretend it is all part of the dream in the story. Thanks for linking up for Flashback Friday Blogshare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very hard question to answer, the more I think about it the more confused I get lol.
    It's probably similar to if the house was burning down, a photo album.

    ReplyDelete